Follow Us @soratemplates

Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Purefoods Corned Beef - Level up to a healthier dish

Are you a fan of corned beef just like me? If YES, then this blog is for you.


I love corned beef since then. Aside from being one easiest to prepare when in a rush, it can also be your daily budget meal best friend (If you get what I mean).

As observed, when we kept eating the same dish every time, we tend to overfed and get bored of its taste. We don't want that to happen right? so I decided to  share with you a simple version of corned beef dish I tried cooking. I'm not a cooking expert not budget guru but I hope this will help you.

How I turned a simple dish into a healthy one?


Here's the Ingredients:
Estimated time of preparation: 7 minutes

Corned beef in can - any brand will do. In my case, I have Pure foods corned beef.
1 round onion - preferably white and chopped in dice.
1 to 2 pieces medium size potato - serves as extender and chopped in dice.
Cabbage - chopped in dice.

TIP: Reheat your pan in low heat while preparing your ingredients to save time.


Time for Cooking!
Estimated time of Cooking: 8 to 10 minutes

1. First is to slightly sauté potatoes with pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
  • TIP: NO cooking oil please. To keep the dish more healthier, we're going to use the fats that we can get directly from the corned beef. How? Scoop all the translucent white sitted on top of the corned beef once can is opened then use it to fry your potatoes. 

2. Add onions once the potatoes are slightly fried. You will know it when each sides are turning translucent. 
  • TIP: This is one of the best way to avoid the onions from getting burned. We don't like that bitter taste right?



3. Quickly add your Corned beef and cabbage then mix well to distribute evenly. Leave and let it cook for 3 to 5 minutes then you're done! This can serves 2 to 3 persons.

OPTION: 
  • You can add half cup of water if you want to have a little soup. 
  • You can add pepper if you want a little more taste and aroma in your dish.

So here's the finished product of our leveled up dish. I considered this healthy because you have everything - protein from meat, fibers from veggies, and carbohydrates from the potatoes. Healthy on your budget, healthy on your tummy!


There is no right or wrong ways when cooking. Just keep it going as long as you sanitized yourself beforehand, prepared ingredients, take your time, enjoy what you do and you love what you are cooking.

I Hope you like this blog. Let me know if you want more of Till my next one.

JUST A DISCLAIMER: This is not an advertorial blog. I'm not paid nor working with the company to promote these products and I bought all the items you see in the pictures unless stated otherwise. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment